From L.A. to Paris: Weeks Four & Five

Week Four: 

Monday, February 6th – Friday, February 10th:

Rest Days, due to my allergies I was horrible. I not only had a very stuffy nose, but I also had fever, nightmare headaches, itchy eyes, itchy throat, and fatigue. It was the worst it had ever been. This explains why my runs on Saturday and Sunday were physically challenging. I slept, rested, and took sinus medicine to help. By Thursday I had started to feel a lot better, but I rested anyways.

Saturday, February 11th:

I walked for about a couple of hours to warm up my legs, I also did a light stretch and a light foam roll.

Sunday, February 12th: 

Today is the Run to Remember Los Angeles Half Marathon, and I am surprised on how this run went. I published a separate blog entry about this wonderful run. Please, read about it here.

Today I also ran concurrently the L.A. Chinatown Firecracker 5k Virtual Run to celebrate the Year of the Rooster. This is my third year in a row doing this run, and it truly has a very special place in my heart. This run is a yearly run I must do, even if its virtual.

Week Five:

Monday, February 13th – Wednesday, February 15th: 

All rest days to recover. I sure did need the sleep too.

Thursday, February 16th: 

I didn’t want to get out of bed today, but I got out of bed and hit the Culver City Stairs today for some training. I took my time, went up the stairs alternating my legs. I had to rest in between the sets of stairs. It felt like day one, except my legs were not hurting which is unusual because my quads, glutes, and hamstrings usually kill me every single time, but not today. I absolutely love the view I get from the top.

I was going to job down the trail but I decided to go down the stairs instead, alternating legs instead of using just one side dominantly. Once I got down to the bottom I took a quick 5 to 10 minute break, my legs were shaking. I decided to try and go back up on more time, I stopped at a quarter of the way up. My legs were shaking badly, so I turned around and went back down the stairs. On my way down I kept saying to myself “next time, I will make it all the way up to the top twice.” Trust me, I will
Friday, February 17th: 

Rest day today; my glutes and hamstrings were sore. I’m shadowing for Rundalay tomorrow night, course preview of the first 7 miles of the LA Marathon route. 14 miles roundtrip, time to get that training and long run in.

Saturday, February 18th: 

Tonight, I was shadowing for Rundalay’s Night Owl run – we did a course preview of the first 7 miles of the LA Marathon route. Since I was shadowing the very back I was running with two other ladies, and we decided to go to mile 4, then come back for a total of 8 miles. That means we hit all the hills twice – I let them set the pace and I stayed with them. We had a good time, and it was great to see their potential and also great to see how far they have come. It was great; we did 8.1 miles in 1:48:38 at a 13:21 min pace. I’m so proud of what we accomplished.

Sunday, February 19th: 

Today is rest day. My glutes and hamstrings are killing me from last nights run. I feel myself coming back to life, even though it feels like day one all over again.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s